Thursday, January 27, 2011

Transgender and Society

Transgender and Society

To begin with let’s talk about GENDER. Gender is what is between a person’s ears. Sex is what is between one’s legs, And Sexual orientation is one’s sexual preference (Gay, Bi, etc) but what I want to talk about is Gender and especially transgender.

Most transgender people are hidden so far in their closet because of the fear of losing their family, friends, and their jobs. Most Crossdressers are married and have hidden this from their wives and families for years because of this fear. Some who have been discovered after being married for many years have ended up divorced because of being discovered. Yours truly included after which I met and married a wonderful lady that not only knows but accepts. She knew long before we married.

Not all Crossdressers are on the same scale in the way that they cross-dress. Some only cross-dress on occasions and never go out of the house. Some only wear underwear then some go all out with wigs make up and go out in public. Some do things to feminize their bodies but still have no intentions of fully transitioning.

All that most transgender people want is to be accepted for who or what they are. But before that can happen the public has to be educated about the transgender community. In my opinion in order for this to happen the closet that the majority of the transgender people are in has to be opened. More of them have to come out of their closets and be known. However there is few that are willing to take that chance and the stakes are high. The LGBT has helped a lot in getting some rights for the transgender community but in order for the transgender community to really be accepted they are going to have to go public themselves. They are going to have to take that chance and risk. They have to stand up and be counted. There are a lot of transgender people out there that will never come out. They will just remain in their closet and let others do the work for them.

Being transgender is not something to be ashamed of. It is the way we were born. It is not a disease or a sickness that can be cured. It is something that you have to learn to accept and help those around us to accept. It is something that has to be talked about. No one really knows way people are transgendered just that they are and that’s the way they are.

I know I have been a crossdresser for as long as I can remember. I am the same person and act the same way I always have. When I go out I don’t try to hide the fact that I am a crossdresser. I don’t try to alter my voice I just try to blend in and not attract too much attention. I dress for the occasion and don’t try to overdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment